Complex problems require strategic responses that transcend the usual boundaries between government agencies and different levels of government. We work with a broad range of clients to deliver tailored research solutions that inform evidence-based understandings of social issues, social policy development and evaluation.
We are experienced at conducting research within a ‘whole of government’ framework and providing timely and effective advice.
Sensitive populations and those with complex needs
Our research is underpinned by expertise at engaging with populations who experience disadvantage, those who are hard-to-reach or have complex or sensitive needs, including those experiencing:
- socio-economic disadvantage;
- chronic or serious illness;
- physical disability;
- mental illness;
- people interacting with the justice system;
- poor literacy;
- cultural and linguistic diversity;
- youth and the elderly;
- long-term unemployed; and
- those residing in remote and isolated locations.
Our consultants’ experience means that we are aware of the complexities inherent to these populations, and deliver appropriate research methodologies that produce robust findings for our clients, engage respectfully with respondents and minimise the burden of participation. We also recognise the importance of ‘giving back’ to the citizens involved in our research and work with clients to find ways to communicate research findings and develop actionable and practical solutions.
Our clients include local, state and commonwealth government departments and agencies, public and private services, consumer groups and peak bodies. Some of our clients are as follows.
- Department of Education
- Employment and Workplace Relations
- Department of Families
- Community Services and Indigenous Affairs
- Department of Immigration and Citizenship
- Victorian Department of Human Services
- Victorian Department of Justice