Designing and implementing programs is a key activity of government and not-for-profit organisations. These activities can range from large-scale initiatives like the funding and implementation of new public services, to activities on a smaller scale, such as setting up a new training program.
Good evaluation requires sound evaluative reasoning applied to a robust evidence base. This is at the heart of our approach to program evaluation.
Our work in evaluation
We provide a full range of research and evaluation services including the following.
- Process and outcome evaluations
- Participatory evaluations using an action research model
- Development of program logic models, method reports, RCT designs
- Mid and lapsing program evaluations
- Formative and design reviews of programs
- Reviews of funding and grants programs
- Document and file reviews
- Contract evaluation and performance monitoring.
We specialise in the evaluation of policy and programs in health, community services, education and training, workforce, transport and other portfolios.
We offer expertise in a range of evaluation methodologies including the following.
- Program logic modelling
- Weighting of evidence
- Evaluation framework
- Most Significant Change method
Ipsos breadth of social research expertise allows us to draw from the most appropriate, efficient and robust research methods to form an evidence base that can provide meaningful answers to evaluation questions and withstand public scrutiny. Research methods we commonly conduct include:
- Quantitative survey – cross sectional, longitudinal, phone, online, paper, face to face, tablet, in-language
- Data reviews and statistical analysis
- Qualitative interview – depth interview, focus group, affinity group, bi-focal, deliberative events, peer interviewing
- Expert and stakeholder consultation and workshop facilitation
- Case study approaches
- Policy and program document review
- Literature review
- Model review and program mapping
- Performance indicators design and monitoring
For further information about Ipsos Evaluation, contact Natasha Ludowyk
Direct: +61 3 9946 0857
Last updated January 2014