Our people are the very heart of our organisation and we passionately believe that the growth and development of each individual within Ipsos is fundamental to our business. We actively encourage employees to take time away from their day to day work to participate in training and development activities on a regular basis.
We focus on providing our employees with the best quality and range of development opportunities available in the following areas:
- Research Skills: improving knowledge of your craft skills, delivered by internal experts with business specific experience
- Management Skills: recognising the vital role of managers as people developers and equipping them with the skills to guide, support and lead
- Personal development: focussing on vital skills that apply across all aspects of working life
- Technical development: supporting the growth of IT skills
- Client development: providing the foundations of business success
Sharing Internal Knowledge
Being the ‘Home of Researchers’ Ipsos has an enormous breadth of knowledge internally which we share through internal training sessions, coaching and informal ‘Lunch and Learn’ sessions.
We also provide training in a number of other ways including
- External facilitators and trainers
- Off-site training courses
The Ipsos Training Centre for e-learning
Our Ipsos Training Centre (ITC) is an internet based e-learning hub where employees and clients can log in and learn at their own pace. Programs and courses provided by the Ipsos Training Centre cover topics such as research methodologies and tools, leadership and managerial skills and practical training on Ipsos tools and products and are available to all Ipsos employees worldwide!
At Ipsos we recognise the importance of ensuring that we nurture and grow our next generation of business leaders and have a program in place which enables this development.
Other ways that Ipsos can support your growth and development:
- Professional Memberships
- MRS Professional qualifications
- Support for further study
- Secondments to overseas offices
We are consistently engaging with different groups across the business to discuss learning practise, and improvement. As an employee, your interest in developing your knowledge, skills and capabilities can contribute to our learning approach. Learning is everyone’s responsibility at Ipsos and when you join you will have the opportunity to be a part of this.